Has anybody heard of this?

Gar96GT

Nov 13, 2004
I've got coolant pissing from where the transmission bolts up against the engine. No coolant on or near the engine ... no heater hose leak, no intake leak, nothing.

I give up and have it towed to the shop. They call back ... "you've got coolant leaking from where the transmission bolts up against the engine" ... duh.

They want $500 to drop the tranny and investigate. What the hell am I looking at here?

Any help ... Thanks.

1996 GT
Bone stock 101K

• Sponsors (?)

fastback brian said:
you have a coolant leak from the intake or the heater tube that is under the intake.

Thanks for the reply.

I assumed that if I had the heater tube/intake leak I would be able to see antifreeze on the engine or in the block valley or something. The engine looks dry from the top and bottom.

Alright ... I'm picking this thing up from the shop tomorrow. I'm not paying them to drop the transmission when in all likelihood, it's a cracked intake.

I'll bring it home and pull off the intake myself ... I just hope I can see evidence of it leaking from a crack or the heater hose.

BTW there's no freeze plug or anything on the back of the block that would be causing this, right?

Thanks...

Gar96GT said:
Alright ... I'm picking this thing up from the shop tomorrow. I'm not paying them to drop the transmission when in all likelihood, it's a cracked intake.

I'll bring it home and pull off the intake myself ... I just hope I can see evidence of it leaking from a crack or the heater hose.

BTW there's no freeze plug or anything on the back of the block that would be causing this, right?

Thanks...

Yes there is, but make sure thats were its coming from before pulling the tranny out.