has anyone ever heard of staab agency?

riceslayer302

Banned
Oct 3, 2006
CT
apparently staab agency is a company in maine that will register your vehicle through them and give you maine plates without you having an address in maine. anyone ever heard of or used them?

• Sponsors (?)

It is a legit business but it is mostly for trailers. Alot of truckers do it to avoid the taxes on trailers. There is no inspection of trailers in ME.

I doubt that you could do it for a motor vehicle though. Cops tend to ask all kinds of questions when you have a DL from on state and a license plate from another. I think that in most states you have 30 days to register in state once you move.

Plenty of people do it for cars that cant pass emissions. Try to pass first Sam, thats my plan. If it doesnt, I will be getting Maine plates. My dad has them on one of his trucks because CT wouldn't let him register is for some reason. Been like that for 2 years I think with no troubles.

Plenty of people do it for cars that cant pass emissions. Try to pass first Sam, thats my plan. If it doesnt, I will be getting Maine plates. My dad has them on one of his trucks because CT wouldn't let him register is for some reason. Been like that for 2 years I think with no troubles.

its more to avoid insurance and taxes than emissions i know i can make it pass but i dontt hink i should pay all this money to the ****ing government for something that sits in my garage 90% of the time

its more to avoid insurance and taxes than emissions i know i can make it pass but i dontt hink i should pay all this money to the ****ing government for something that sits in my garage 90% of the time

And as local gov'ts become more strapped for cash in these tough times they will crack down on this.

They already bust people who live in MA and have NH lisence plates. :shrug: