Has anyone ever sent in an instrument cluster for repair?

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
  • Sponsors (?)

I have not. Instead I just bought a less old one from an Ebay salvage yard seller.

Yeah, there are still a few out there. I think someone on Stangnet gave me my last one. This is a pretty cool place to hangout. However, it's getting to the point where they are all 25 years old. I am wondering if it's worth fixing one, vs buying another used one and hoping for the best.

Kurt

I sent a speedo out to be recalibrated.
I think it was through brothers performance.
It worked right for a while, now it's randomly 5mph off.

Reactions: 1 user
I would recommend just getting another used on, since you cant get alot of the parts anymore. MPS Auto Salvage I know would have one or there is always eBay.

I just replace all of mine with digital :D

Point taken. I'll probably just buy used again. However, it got better as the car got warmer. I think I should go take a peak at the speedo sensor gear first.

Kurt

I would recommend just getting another used on, since you cant get alot of the parts anymore. MPS Auto Salvage I know would have one or there is always eBay.

I just replace all of mine with digital :D

I saw a kit that was $359. I'm not sure I would like that. I might end up there eventually though.

Kurt

Yeah, there are still a few out there. I think someone on Stangnet gave me my last one. This is a pretty cool place to hangout. However, it's getting to the point where they are all 25 years old. I am wondering if it's worth fixing one, vs buying another used one and hoping for the best.

Kurt
We've all struggled with that question. I suspect the majority have replaced the old one with another old one, but I'd like to know the results if you go with the repair.

I think I was just talked out of it. I don't suspect I will have this powertrain combination much longer, and I don't want to spend too much money on it. My next setup will likely use a Holley system with an LCD instrument cluster.

Kurt Grenning

What Kurtis is referring to is the dash display he created for the megasquirt... drop in dash no cutting or fussing.
Currently only drop in for the foxbody but more to come, 12.3" screen. I can even surfe the internet on my dash.

Reactions: 1 user