Has anyone got Stinger's swap to work?

I have a 92 stang that I did the complete 88 TurboCoupe engine swap! Followed stinger's instructions and re-read it about 400+times. I have every EEC-IV pin-out diagram ever made and had a guy who builds XR4TI's look at my car and he can't figure out the problem. I finished the swap about 9 months ago and almost every day I play with the car and still it is exactly the same, it starts and once warms up begins to miss and runs rich as hell. I have replaced every sensor, meter, computer, checked and double checked the wiring and spent $1721.82 dollars so far chasing just this problem!!! I am about to give up and sell everything. Anyone have any issues with there 92 with a swap or is there anyone out their with a 92 that got this swap to even work?? So fed up. :bang:

P.S.
The mustang was running perfectly before the swap and so was the turbocoupe.

• Sponsors (?)

KenneBell said:
I have a 92 stang that I did the complete 88 TurboCoupe engine swap! Followed stinger's instructions and re-read it about 400+times. I have every EEC-IV pin-out diagram ever made and had a guy who builds XR4TI's look at my car and he can't figure out the problem. I finished the swap about 9 months ago and almost every day I play with the car and still it is exactly the same, it starts and once warms up begins to miss and runs rich as hell. I have replaced every sensor, meter, computer, checked and double checked the wiring and spent $1721.82 dollars so far chasing just this problem!!! I am about to give up and sell everything. Anyone have any issues with there 92 with a swap or is there anyone out their with a 92 that got this swap to even work?? So fed up. :bang:

P.S.

Not sure if this will cheer you up, or bring you down, But my swap using stingers instructions went perfectly, I ran it for about 4 months of the hottest summer before a CEL started popping up, But i dont think its related to the swap, i beleive my computer is bad since the car runs the same with the light on. The only advice about stingers swap i can give is the Igntion harness. The wire colors are slightly different in a 92 then they are in a 91 which is what he used to write the swap, but i figured it out. if you want i can dig up some pics i took of my completed TFI plug if you want to try to match yours up. Let me know what i can do to help.

Dr.

It's obviously dumping too much fuel, for one thing. The computer is saying 'there's too much air, let's compensate with more fuel'. What's making the comp determine this? Is your O2 sensor new? Wired correctly? Massive vacuum leaks? Have you check your fuel pressure? What condition are the injectors in? It could be many things. Try PMing Stinger and see it he has any ideas. Good luck!

KenneBell said:

P.S.

Pm Stinger himself about it, maybe he can shed some light on the situation.

here is what my final Working TFI plug looks like.
grayconnectorv2.jpg

Maybe this will help??

Dr.

Attachments

• grayconnectorv2.jpg
    grayconnectorv2.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 118
I know of over 40 people that have successfully used my page and told me about it...I also know of 7 or 8 that did the swap and had varying issues. I have no idea how many used it to do the swap without me knowing...I'd imagine quite a few.

How close are you to Bakersfield?

Something that comes to my mind is the variations in wiring harnesses.

My 90 Gt has a 91 wire harness, from the factory. My car was built in late 90, and they must have run out of 90 harneses by the time my car came down the line.

This threw me off for a couple of days because a couple of wire colors were switched, or just different. Pin locations were different too.

For example maybe you have the ECT sensor feeding into the computer as the O2? :shrug:

Maybe this will help,

jason

Bakersfield is 4 hours south of me. Sorry if in my first post I might have come across as a bit of an a$$. I apologise to everyone and thanks so much for the help. Especially Stinger.

What was that post about the ECT being seen as an O2 sensor? I'll check the continuity of the wires going to the ECT from the computer harness.

The ECT being hooked up as an O2 was just an example of how bad things can get if you are working to the wrong wiring diagrams.

All I am suggesting is double checking that you are using the correct diagrams, because sometimes the year (on the title or per the vin) is not what the car was actually built to.

jason