Has anyone installed a Hurst Line Lock?

So just for fun while piping in the brake lines on my project Mustang I decided to install a Hurst Line Lock, but I'm a little confused by the instuctions. A: why can't you just install the solenoid between the master cylinder and the distribution block going to the front brake lines ? B: there are three ports on the bottom of the solenoid and they want you to pipe out of the middle port and then T out to the left and right brake lines, what are the other two ports for? and do you just plug them? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

i have one on my mustang.

one port on the solenoid is the feed in. the other two on the solenoid are the left and right front brake feeds out.

i have a brake line from the master cylinder in to the "in" port and a brake line to each front caliper from the "out" ports.

Simply plug the ones that you don't use. They are all tied to the same chamber.

I did exactly as Robo did and used 2 outlets with each going to a particular front wheel. I did not use the center outlet whatsoever and plugged it. My system has worked for hundreds and hundreds of drag strip launches and burnouts.

Quarteraces1.jpg

th_MVI_2033.jpg

I bought the Summit line lock installation kit and it had all the fittings and plugs needed for the job. All I had to supply were the double flair tool, line wrenches, and the benders.