Have a issue and trying to get it sorted out

Wicked65

Aug 10, 2003
NORCAL
Im going to try and explain this best I can, so if you need clarification on something, please ask, dont get all crazy..

So in Redding, CA ( about 2.5 hours North of sacramento) We seem to be having a issue. Highway patrol is getting grants to do street racing/ smog inspections. Only thing is, Street racing pretty much stopped here about 5 years ago. Me and about 10 other cars would get together at a local parking lot, (starbucks) and just shoot the breeze, bring our cars out, make a few laps around town then go home. No big deal.. no racing, not hot roding, just hang out see friends and then go home. Mostly mustangs, a firebird and couple camaro's. (just so you didnt think it was a heard of hondas) Well, now then have come to a point where if you drive down the street, and a cop thinks you are too loud, or have no front plate, he will pull you over. Ok, its against the law, ill go along with that. But when he pulles you over, then he wants to do a vehicle inspection... Alright ill even go along with that, even though i dont see how this is nessasary.. but ok.. But now it seems they are going to start impounding cars. A guy we know had his car impounded for a cold air intake. Which to me is beyonde crazy. Another guy, who was completly smog legal, bought all the 50 state legal stuff, and had all paper work. Gets a inspection, shows the cop his paper work. Cop tells him that he's full of **** and writes him a $500 ticket and sends him to the state ref. Now the **** part is, even if you are legal, you have to pay to go to the state ref, then pay court costs. WTF! So how does one go about trying to get the CHP and City PD off ones ass. I sold my 95 last year, and bought a 65, so my worries are pretty much over. (since there was only PCV and a vapor tube on that car. ) but why should i have to worry about someone pulling me over and impounding my car just because he doesnt know the law or what is done to my car? Im just looking for a way to fix this where we get left alone, and we dont piss to many people off. As it is, when im done with my 65, im taking it to the state ref and getting paper work saying my car is smog legal and not too loud. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

As it is, when im done with my 65, im taking it to the state ref and getting paper work saying my car is smog legal and not too loud. Thanks for any help.

you cant do that. 1, they will not look at your car. and 2, even when you get a car that is in the program tested at the ref, all it means is that at that specific time it was legal, and you could have modified it right after you left.

o and last time i checked, if you are legal, a smog ref inspectin is $38.25, and then you just pay the $10-25 processing fee at the court and you are free and clear.

at my car hangout, cops come by and hang out and shoo the **** with us. they know we don't have illegal mods, so they don't harass us about it. they will even ask us about cars they have seen that are new to the area.