Have Paxton Novi 1000/2000 always had direct engine oiling?

mooktank

Jul 7, 2004
I thought I read before you didn't need to put holes in your oil pan to do the paxton. What is this? I thought they were self contained. What happened? Did I miss something?

• Sponsors (?)

Right from Paxton Automotive.....

"When you're looking for the ultimate in high performance, reliability and quiet operation from a centrifugal supercharger, look no further than Paxton Automotive's NOVI line. All five NOVI superchargers are based on Paxton Automotive's race-proven gear case, which features billet steel, helical-cut gears (3.50:1 step-up ratio), aerospace-quality high-speed bearings and direct engine oiling. Some of the fastest race cars in the world use Paxton Automotive NOVI superchargers-a testament to the NOVI's unsurpassed performance in the most demanding situations. Choose a model below."

Sorry boys, it sucks, I know. But when you're spinning them that high, I'd probably want a constant suply of cooler cleaner oil regardless.

Nope, but they still rock and roll! Most street driven centrifugals combos don't spin anywhere near that high anyway, or make full boost by 2000rpm. Don’t get me wrong, the Novi’s kick @$$, but It just shows that you don't necessarily need a blower with a fresh oil feed to have a kick ass set up. Even with low boost, the old 5psi SN Paxtons and 6-9psi Powerdyne's work pretty well.

Different strokes for different folks. :shrug:

My self contained Paxton VR4 will allow 15psi and you can build 800hp. When you have something go bad in your engine at least those parts don't take out the blower also. Procharger self contained is nice but I have been using a VR4 over 8 years and never had the problems of leaking like the Procharger and I can rebuild my unit myself for $350 and have it back together and ready to go in 2 hours flat. If I ever need to upgrade my setup I would go with self-contained again.