Having the two resonators cut out?????

• Sponsors (?)

Um, what resonators?

If you're talking about your OEM exhaust system, you have:

- two pre-heat cats
- two more cats if its a '96 or '97 (not 100% sure on those two years)
- two normal cats
- two mufflers
- two tips
- pipe connecting all of it

Now if you are talking about an SLP system and removing the resonators in it, then you could remove them and buy some earplugs.

nickthegenius said:
Um, what resonators?

If you're talking about your OEM exhaust system, you have:

- two pre-heat cats
- two more cats if its a '96 or '97 (not 100% sure on those two years)
- two normal cats
- two mufflers
- two tips
- pipe connecting all of it

Now if you are talking about an SLP system and removing the resonators in it, then you could remove them and buy some earplugs.

I am pretty sure they have two cats on each side and then a resonator on each side behind the cat as well. :shrug:

I can tell you for a fact my 2004 doenst have any resonators. There are four cats and the mufflers.

There are people who have removed one car on each side and the sound is supposed to be louder, never heard it in person.

I would just buy an O/R mid-pipe or a catted mid-pipe. It would probably be less expensive to buy a MAC o/r h and install it yourself than have someone remove your cat and weld in a pipe.

Are you talking about a 1998 GT? I've got a '98 and we've got four obstructions in our H-Pipes. 2 Pre-Cats, 2 Main Cats, and then 2 resonators.
Do yourself a favor, though, and don't cut out the resonators if you've got stock mufflers. They were designed to work together. I've got an off road h-pipe in conjunction with the stock mufflers and they sound blatty.

Get a new midpipe man. Its not worth the hassle of messin with an old midpipe and welding it back together and all that crap.

Just buy a catted X man ;)