Hazzard Switch/Lights problem!!!, Fox body owners help!

WICKED50LTR

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2002
Central NJ
Ok guys i ran into a bit of a problem when installin my tach today. While takin the guage cluster out and always fiddling with them damn switches for the headlights/foglight switchs on the left hand side, and the hazzard/rear def. on the right hand side. i got the left one of with lil hassle but while tryin to take the plug outta the right side <hazzards> i yanked to hard and pulled all 7 of them wires outta the connectors in that lil gray plug. i tried to get them back in but i think they have to go a certain way....

does anybody have a pic of what them color plugs go into, or in what sequence??? 3 go on top and the other 4 under them.

can any of you guys take a pic of that plug so i can see.........

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

I had the same problem....so I had to figure it out. I documented it, but it is at home, so I'll post it later or tomorrow. When I got everything right I used tie wraps close the the connectors to hold the wires in the right place. You need the hazard switch and rear window defroster right?

Don

yea i just need the plug and wires for the hazzard switch/plug. its a 7 wire plug. the other is a 4 wire plug for rear defroster.......that is fine. if ya can do the pics it would help alot or what ever info u can give me!! thanks guys

Sorry I don't have any pics, but my 1990 GT has slightly different colors that those posted by stangbear427, so I'll list them:

Looking at the connector (side wires are coming out of) with the key on the left bottom:

Org/Yellow | Wht/L. Blu & Org/L. Blu | Wht/Red | L. Grn/Org & L. Grn/Wht

L. Blue | Black | N/C | L. Blue/Red
Key

Hope this helps, Don

P.S. The little plastic locks in the connectors get brittle and break easily so be very careful with these connectors and never pull on the wires to disconnect them.

Huh... it's interesting to me that you guys have different wires than I do in my '91, since I'm right between your '90 and '92. We're all driving loaded GT's right? Glad it worked out for you though, sorry I couldn't help!