Hd Polish Review

hoamskilet

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2001
Belvidere, IL
Got a chance to finally mess with HD Polish courtesy of David F. and 3D Products review program. A quick description:

http://www.3dproducts.com/HD-Advanced-Polish.html

IMG_6952.jpg

HD Polish has been scientifically designed to produce a dust free, swirl free, deep, high gloss paint finish.

Using NANO Technology and super micro abrasives H Polish is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.

Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly.

This product is Body Shop Safe, containing no silicone or fillers. Safe for use on fresh paint and soft clears.

Amazing hologram and marring free results on all paint colors including jet-black/dark colored paints.

Easy on and easy off.

I'm trying it out on my 2007 Dodge Ram that is in the process of getting prepped for winter. I will be doing a full correction on the entire vehicle, but for the purposes of evaluating this product I tested it on one of my doors without any compounding so I could see how much defect it would remove on its own. Application was done using a 5.5" flat white Lake Country foam pad on a Rupes 21.

The weather outside today isn't being cooperative to get good defect shots, so I'm making due with my garage lighting. Fortunately the paint is in pretty good shape but has a fair amount of light swirls and scratches that you can find if you're looking for them.

Before:

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

After:

IMG_7002.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7021.jpg

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

I had a hard time capturing the defects in pictures....they were much easier to see in person. I'd have to say overall it's quite a nice product. It easily took care of all of the light defects with little effort and left the paint with a nice gloss and smooth as a baby's butt. The only defects left were a couple of deeper ones that I would have no expectations of this product or any other in it's class to take care of. I'll have more pictures in a full write up of the detail when I'm done and the weather is nicer.

Pros:

Bottle is just fine. Sharp packaging with a good spout (easy to open/close with one hand)
No noticeable chemical smell
Easily took care of the defects that I would expect it to
No dusting
Very little effort in removal
Leaves a nice glossy finish

Cons:

None that I can think of really. It worked as expected and I would have no trouble reaching for this in the future for light defect removal and/or cleaning up after compounding.

• Sponsors (?)