Hd Speed Review

hoamskilet

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2001
Belvidere, IL
I don't know if anybody remembers, but a couple months back I was looking around for a good AIO. HD Speed was mentioned a few times and I've really liked the couple of products I've tried of theirs before, so I decided to give that a shot.

A quick description:

http://www.hdcarcare.com/HD-Speed-All-In-One-Polish-Sealant.html

All-In-One Polish.

HD Speed polishes and protects the painted surface in one easy and simple step.

Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks.

This remarkable product restores color, depth, and gloss while adding a long lasting wax to the surface.

Its exceptional open time allows longer polishing and waxing period, and less product use.

Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly.

Great for those who want quick, minor paint correction with protection.

IMG_7148.jpg

Unfortunately it didn't arrive before I detailed the vehicle I was intending on using it on, but I later got the chance to check it out on a older black Silverado that was in pretty rough shape.

Here's what I started out with:

IMG_7103.jpg

And here's what I ended up with on the right side after applying HD Speed using a Rupes with a 5.5" flat white Lake Country pad:

IMG_7112.jpg

To say that I was impressed is an understatement. I ended up doing the rest of the vehicle with HD Polish as that did work better at removing the defects and the truck was getting a sealant anyway. But I felt this stuff did a pretty awesome job of cleaning that paint up for not being a dedicated polish product. Just like their polish, Speed went on smooth and thin and has to be one of the quickest and easiest products I've ever buffed off a vehicle.

I can't comment on the longevity of it's protection as it's not my truck, but I will not hesitate to reach for this stuff for any customers that don't want to pay for a two step job or for any quick cleanup work with a couple months protection.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)