Header Bolts???

bcollie67

Mar 18, 2008
Hi I'm new here and need some advice.

I have a 67 Fastback 390 s-code mustang. I just purchased some Ceramic Coated long tube Hooker SuperComps. I wanting to know what you guys would recommend as the best gaskets and locking header bolts to use.

It's gonna be a pain to get these on and I want to make sure the bolts don't back out so that I don't have issues with them in the future.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man! Even if they are expensive its worth the extra to not have to deal with them in the future.

It's been a (long) year, but IIRC the standard triple-nickel-plated alloy steel from Stage 8 are the way to go rather than the stainless ones, which are way more money. You'll still want to run some anti-sieze on the threads. On my '66 with a small block, if the header flange is 3/8" buy the 1" bolts. If the flange is 5/16, the 3/4" bolts should work fine. If you have a thick flange and short bolts they'll work their way out.

It's been a (long) year, but IIRC the standard triple-nickel-plated alloy steel from Stage 8 are the way to go rather than the stainless ones, which are way more money. You'll still want to run some anti-sieze on the threads. On my '66 with a small block, if the header flange is 3/8" buy the 1" bolts. If the flange is 5/16, the 3/4" bolts should work fine. If you have a thick flange and short bolts they'll work their way out.

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!