Header To H Pipe Bolt Torque?

Does anyone know the header to h pipe bolt torque? I have ford racing gt40 headers and I am using the studs and bolts that came with it.

I installed my old cheap muffler shop welded h pipe last night so I could drive it to a place to get my mufflers taken off and put on my new summit h pipe (the mufflers are welded on the old pipe). When I instaleed it, it still sounded like I was running open headers. So I am thinking I did not torque it down enough.

Does anyone know the torque spec for this or any advise? Also, is anyone familar with tje studs and bolts that come with the ford racing gt40 headers? The bolt does not fit the srud well.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Without mufflers, it's not going to get that much quieter, don't over-do it and break the studs. A good estimate would be 40-50 ft*lb, but I don't know the exact number. Lock washers can't hurt either for the final install.

... High temp anti-seize (copper color) is awesome-sauce too. If it's flange type, I typically snug it up then start the car and tighten till the leaks stop.

Not totally necessary of course, and only worth doing if you're on a lift.

Thanks! I will try 50 lbs tonoght. Is anyone familar with these studs? One side has a bigger diameter than the other and I installed the bigger diameter side into the bottom side of the header flange and twisted it in. I then put the mid pipe flange through the sud and inserted bolt on yhe smaller side. The bolt does not move up the stud easily.

I have the mufflers welded on my old h pipe and I am reistalling it so I can drive it to my buddys where we will cut yhem off and weld them on the new summit pipe. I want to make sure it is installed well ao I can drive it untill my buddy can help me.
Thanks for all the help!