headers...on a V6???

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
i bought my car about 18 months ago, ive had my license for about 9 months. my mom has been complaining that i accelerate too fast out of the driveway and my car is loud when i accelerate. i couldnt figure out what the sound was coming from, i dont drive like a maniac or anything. i popped the hood the other day, and i have headers. did headers come stock on '98 V6 mustangs? buying a used car, you can usually tell what kind of person owned it before you. my car had no mods, cheap tires, a few cigarette burns in the carpet, some body work had to be done. i dont see why this careless owner that had my car before me would put headers on and keep the single exhaust.

Did it have more than one owner before you?

Also, I'm sure you've heard it alot of times but don't get careless on the road. . Coming from a fellow teenager, except I've had my license for a year

i beleive im the 2nd owner, but from inside the car it doesnt sound loud. my dad took it for a drive past the house and its quite a bit louder from outside than inside. and it is 3 tubes coming from each side of the engine, not one forged exhaust manifold piece.

They sound like headers to me but I'm really not an expert. (I'm a noob) Pics?

DcDisturbed947 said:
Well...have you checked to see if the muffler is the stock one? Maybe you overlooked the most obious one and its got an aftermarket muffler on there or something

Ya Are what type of exhaust tip you have also The last owner probly had the muffler replaced and the muffler shop talked them into some type of turbo muffler.