Headers? X-pipe?

May 20, 2005
Arkansas
I recently bought a 2013 GT/CS to replace a modded '02 GT that was totaled (thanks a lot F350 running a stop sign).

I'm wanting to (at some point) modify this thing, but one important note - it will NEVER see the track. It's more of a project to open up the exhaust, remove the cats, CAI, different gears, tune it, and add a few HP along the way. But, right now I'm not that up-to-speed on the 5.0 and all the mods/brands to go with.

I'd like to go with an off-road X-pipe, but I'm not sure which one to get to go with the stock manifolds. However, I am also open to long-tubes as well. On my last car I had SLP LT's + O/R X-pipe and absolutely LOVED the setup.

So what I am wanting to know (now that I provided some background info) is which X-pipes (brands) are the best to run with stock manifolds.

I've looked at the SLP LT + X-pipe combo, which I would possibly go with, but really I'm more interested in not doing long-tubes this time around.

Also, as far as the rest of the exhaust I really like the looks/sound of the Corsa Sport quad-tip axle-back.

Thanks!

P.S. Here's the Mustang I picked up last month.

At Gas Station.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)