Paint and Body Headlight Bolts

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
So I started to install my new headlights. The old ones were real loose and now I know why. They were just held in by the two smaller lights on either side. The mounting bolts are MIA. Adjusting bolts are there and that’s it!
Does anyone sell just these bolts? I only see them with the entire mounting plate and kit.
Typical- what I thought would be an easy job becomes a project to correct the hack before me.

Here’s what I have:
FBC72B5F-9548-4D61-8A70-058E08DC44B7.jpeg

Here’s what I should have:
BBD87D8E-9C33-435D-8819-9C6649F0B578.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

If you got the ones for the side lights then just take them off and give them to a hardware store. They'll give you them for like 45 cents a piece. I just use Ace Hardware for myself, but any hardware store would work.

If you don't don't have existing bolts to bring in then just bring that whole headlight assembly in and tell the guy what you need. He'll have a bunch of different thread types and he'll probably try a couple of thread pitches and ask for how long you need it, boom, ready to go. Show him that photo you have attached too, might help him. Good luck.

If you got the ones for the side lights then just take them off and give them to a hardware store. They'll give you them for like 45 cents a piece. I just use Ace Hardware for myself, but any hardware store would work.

If you don't don't have existing bolts to bring in then just bring that whole headlight assembly in and tell the guy what you need. He'll have a bunch of different thread types and he'll probably try a couple of thread pitches and ask for how long you need it, boom, ready to go. Show him that photo you have attached too, might help him. Good luck.

The bolt has two different threads. Do they sell that type of hardware at Ace?
69F1F891-9D9F-4355-B7CE-E9F901811723.png

For the time being, I’m using the ones from the old signal and marker lights. I was hoping to keep those intact so I could sell, so hopefully I can still find those bolts.

I can't say for certainty, the junkyard is pretty easy place to find hardware too depending on if they having any foxes in stock. I think a quick call to Ace or any other nearby hardware store is worth a try, I think bringing it in always works better but this COVID stuff might affect you in that regard.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks. I’m pretty much a regular at the local Ace hardware aisle...... don’t recall seeing anything like it, but then again, was never looking for it.

Locally I have a massive hardware store called Tacoma Screw Products, I've never gone there and not found what I needed. Unfortunately they're just in the NW USA. If you go to ace and they don't have it, you could at least figure out the thread pitch on it and then order it online. Good luck pal.

Reactions: 1 user