Headlight Switch And Warning Lights

603mustangs

Advanced Member
Sep 19, 2016
New Hampshire
I can't find a diagram of the headlight switch anywhere. I'd like to test the switch on the pins to verify it's bad before getting a new one. The blue/red wire connection point has no continuity in any switch position from the 12v input pins. This powers the instrument cluster, which is out in parking light. Someone spliced the instrument cluster wire into the headlight circuit which is why it only works when headlights are on and not the parking lights.

My check engine light bulb works which is from 93 2.3L, took it out and tested it. The EEC is an 87/88 5.0 transplant. I did the wire jumper to get the light to blink, it didn't blink. I can't get a single warning light to work, not even the e brake light. Is something missing that controls the warning lights or is the EEC just not compatible with the 93 instrument cluster? Or something else I can do to see if they work?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks, leading me in right direction. Mine is an LX not GT, connector is melted and burnt so I'm guessing it's going to be the switch. I'm going to need the fog lights switch anyway, might as well get new one. Thanks
Yeah, their not so bad in price for them new switches. I am working on my headlight wiring this weekend also, just redoing the wires nice and neat, as the previous owner had a mess under there. Also adding new halogen bulbs.

Yeah, their not so bad in price for them new switches. I am working on my headlight wiring this weekend also, just redoing the wires nice and neat, as the previous owner had a mess under there. Also adding new halogen bulbs.
Same here, looms never got reattached to firewall or engine just hanging everywhere, bare wires sitting on engine. Same with vacuum lines. It's chaos.

I believe all of the idiot lights except the check engine light come off of individual sensor components low oil level is a sensor in the pan as an example. The best way to find out would be to bring up the wiring diagram for the components you're looking for on the website I gave you it has every wiring diagram necessary to completely rewire a car

I believe all of the idiot lights except the check engine light come off of individual sensor components low oil level is a sensor in the pan as an example. The best way to find out would be to bring up the wiring diagram for the components you're looking for on the website I gave you it has every wiring diagram necessary to completely rewire a car
Found the instrument panel wiring diagram thanks. All the lights that don't work share fuse 18. Now I see how it all works. Not at home now to check, time for football.

Can't be fuse, the guages all work, on same circuit. Where is the PCM, what's it look like? According to the diagram the malfunction light goes through it, I have a feeling it's missing. Found a connector earlier that matches those wire colors

Ecu is inside the passenger kick panel. Wire for check engine also goes out to the test connector under the hood near the wiper motor.
All I see is this

Attachments

• KIMG0057.jpg
    KIMG0057.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 164