Headlight Upgrade for my 97 GT?

Oct 11, 2017
My stock headlamps aren't just bad, they're unsafe. I'm considering replacing them with something new: Raxiom, Axiel, projector style, duals, LED? I want functionality first, style second. Any stories/recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem and went with a set of the axial one piece blacks and they're even worse than stock. I also have another 95 that I had a set of depos in which I didn't like and another set of one piece and none of them are any good. I end up doing quite a bit of work on other people's cars also and I've yet to see a set where I go 'dang those are bright'. I've wanted to stick a set of led bulbs in my axials but haven't got around to it. At this point I've basically come to the conclusion that all of the headlights for these cars are pretty bad. Maybe someone else knows of a better set.

Thanks for replying, Christian. That's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for! From what you've experienced, I have to wonder if the headlamps are simply underpowered by the wiring harness. That's why they're so dim!

I hadn't thought about that. It could be the case. I have tried the brightest 9005 and 9006 bulbs I could find and they still didn't seem very bright even in clear lense lights. I know the wiring for the turn signal lights are very very small. Seems like the could have skimped out on the headlight wiring also.

Reactions: 1 user