heads

• Sponsors (?)

I'd check out the part trader on this site first, if not then go look on ebay. Have you decided on a set of heads yet? You could find a used set of Trickflow twisted wedges, afr 165's or you could have your E7's ported w/ a new cam for about 900. Ported E7's a Bcam and gasket matched intake is a proven 12 second combo.

N8..right on!! Ported heads are worth 30-40 RWHP add a E or B cam and an intake... they are getting over 100 HP gains ( dropping 1.0- 1.2 sec off qtr ET)
Alum. heads... the same only add a few bills for the Heads... cool??

Just me....................

Thumper

ECU5.0 said:
thumper heads are definetly under 900 bucks...actually if i remember correctly you can get a head/cam combo for right around 900 from him. check out www.thumperoforangepark.com

:lol: What he said and you get a new timing chain too. :nice: You can use the stock rockers and upgrade later if you want to also. Most aftermarket head REQUIRE a change in rocker arms. What I refer to as a hidden or unmentioned cost.

tjm73 said:
:lol: What he said and you get a new timing chain too. :nice: You can use the stock rockers and upgrade later if you want to also. Most aftermarket head REQUIRE a change in rocker arms. What I refer to as a hidden or unmentioned cost.

So true. Not only rockers, but other things like pushrods and bolts. When ever you drastically change a part, there is 9 times to 10 you have to change other things. Thumper heads will go on like the old one's came off. Iron is more durable than alumimum, more room for error with iron, and to most hobbiest, there are errors!