Heater Box Removal

dgoldwa190

New Member
May 24, 2006
11
0
0
I've previously posted questions on how to remove a heater box from my 72 coupe. It may sound stupid, I'm a novice, but here goes... Can I remove the heater core without draining the radiator? I know that I have to disconnect the hoses from the fire wall first. The car has A/C, but the PO cut out the system when he swapped out the 302 for a 351C. Thanks.

Dr. Rustecomy:rolleyes:
 
I don't have an a/c . But, when I replaced my heater core in my 66, I didn't have to drain the radiator. Just disconnect the hoses going to the engine first, and then you can pull them through the firewall, if you disconnect the hoses directly behind the heatercore before u pull it out, chances are that it will spill fluid all over your carpet.

Depending on how much fluid is in ur radiator and system at the time, you will loose some fluid when you take the hoses off the engine, so be sure that you replace with fluid after, if hte drop is significant.