• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Heater box seals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blue85
  • Start date Start date Dec 25, 2020

Blue85

Member
Dec 25, 2020
86
13
18
Florida
Dec 25, 2020
#1
  • Dec 25, 2020
  • #1
Newbie here. I have a 85 hatch project I have been working on. At this point I am ready to paint the engine ay. My plan from there is to put everything back in there. But I have pulled the heater box to replace the heater core and would like to replace seals before I reinstall it. any ids where these can be Found. No local stores have them. Cj pony or lmr.
 

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
723
272
73
Memphis TN
Dec 25, 2020
#2
  • Dec 25, 2020
  • #2
Most hardware stores sell foam of assorted thickness with double sided tape all ready on one side....perfect for this.
 
Reactions: 7991LXnSHO and General karthief

Blue85

Member
Dec 25, 2020
86
13
18
Florida
Dec 26, 2020
#3
  • Dec 26, 2020
  • #3
Yes I have looked at several just haven’t found what I want. Probably being too picky
 

Steel1

Mustang Master
Aug 18, 2017
1,419
639
143
Connecticut
Dec 26, 2020
#4
  • Dec 26, 2020
  • #4
My local Home Depot has a good selection of foam as well a neoprene rubber seals.
I've actually used some of the neoprene as weather stripping on the hatch of our old mini van, worked great.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,333
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Dec 26, 2020
#5
  • Dec 26, 2020
  • #5
Nobody reproduces them yet. Need to fabricate
 

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
11,833
11,634
203
Discordia
Dec 26, 2020
#6
  • Dec 26, 2020
  • #6
I used some medium density foam for mine. They were sections of floor squares i got at harbor freight. I had to double thickness part of it.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

P
I need definitive heater valve and AC expansion valve answers
  • PurAU
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
157
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Oct 1, 2026
GypsyR
G
M
2001 evap/heater core questions
  • mnky99
  • Sep 3, 2025
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
377
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2025
mnky99
M
A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
238
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
641
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
B
Take a look at my rack!
  • bicknell
  • Sep 1, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
782
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2025
Willybill32
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?