Heating Fan Problem need advice

• Sponsors (?)

I am starting to get excited about my car again....:rlaugh: Seems like things are coming together... Clutch seems to be fixed. Headlights are bright again..... If this fixes the overheating, I should be in good shape.
Actually I know it will never end, but you can always hope.

You can get a new connector from places like FordFuelInjection.com or maybe even LRS and other resto' houses.

What rad do you have? If a large aluminum version, you can run a 3.8L Taurus fan or Viper fan. You might be able to get a Contour fan to fit as well. If going aftermarket, I'd look hard at Spal.

On the off-chance that it helps, here's a little tech note with some cooling system stuff to check:

94-95 Mustangs Cooling System Diagnostics - Mustang-Tech

Thanks...Have a Fluidyne radiator. Ordered a Dormn stock type assembly..... fan/shroud, and it will be delivered tomorrow. My son is looking for a connector, if he gets one he'll install Friday night. Otherwise I'll order a connector and install next week.

Going on a road rally Sunday, would like to use the stang but could use the truck I guess....... Wolf Habitat road Rally Went last year it's kinda scary and fun at the same time!! :nice:

Steve

Without a cooling fan, all of our Mustangs would overheat just idling. In my experience, it takes driving about 35-40mph (In Los Angeles, at least) for our cooling system to exchange enough heat on its own to keep the engine temp down. Hissin lists the two fans that are upgrades for our cars; most of the aftermarket ones just can't cool as well as the stock fan.