Hello everyone from Cajun country !

Hello everyone , I am from Cecilia Louisiana, I have two Fox body mustangs, a 91 hatch and a 86 coupe, which I am currently working on, the 86 had a 4 banger which of course I yanked out and replaced with a 5.0 I have an aid tranny from a 95 mustang, what will I have to do to get that tranny working right in the 86, thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone , I am from Cecilia Louisiana, I have two Fox body mustangs, a 91 hatch and a 86 coupe, which I am currently working on, the 86 had a 4 banger which of course I yanked out and replaced with a 5.0 I have an aid tranny from a 95 mustang, what will I have to do to get that tranny working right in the 86, thanks in advance
The transmission from the 95 is either an AODE or a 5 speed; there is no aid transmission.
The AODE requires the computer from a 94-95 Mustang to operate or an external electronic control computer.
See http://www.becontrols.com/aode.shtml for more information

Just my opinion,but if I where going to go through all the trouble to run an auto with any kind of controller(after market/stock computer.) it wouldn’t be for an aode. A 4R70W would be a mighty fine upgrade. But I would probably just look for a good C4 or an aod Like said above

Can he use a trans from say a 87-93 5.0?
That would work OK. The TV cable adjustment is the only difficult thing to configure.

For an auto trans the OP will need an auto trans O2 sensor harness from an 86 model car if he reuses the stock computer & wiring harness from a 86 5.0 Mustang. Different year models will require different O2 sensor wiring harnesses depending on the year body harness & computer that they use.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone for the info, I think I know which way I will go with the project now