Hello From Europe

Neko-

15 Year Member
Dec 26, 2008
The Netherlands
Dropping onto the forum from that faraway place called Europe.

Driving a satin silver Mustang GT of the 2002 vintage, have been since 2006, and still going strong.

Mod wise mostly optical (pedal covers, new fuelcap with a lock, chin spoiler, taillight covers, HID lights, floormats and the like), and one engine mod (K&N airfilter). With gas prices as they are I'm leaving her as-is. More power would be fun, but usually also means you will be burning more gas :)

A proud member of the SIlver Mustang Registry (member number #0009).

With the winter tires:

HPIM4860.jpg

And on the summer rims (black bullitts):

20130414-IMG_0875_zps5f3f87a4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

btw, there are mods you can do that can actually increase our mileage slightly. More power avalable doesnt necessarily mean more fuel burnt, its all in howits driven. Open up the exhaust with free flowing mufflers and pipes and it'll be a bit more efficient. You'll just love the sound, and therefore tend to get on the right pedal more. ;)

btw, there are mods you can do that can actually increase our mileage slightly. More power avalable doesnt necessarily mean more fuel burnt, its all in howits driven. Open up the exhaust with free flowing mufflers and pipes and it'll be a bit more efficient. You'll just love the sound, and therefore tend to get on the right pedal more. ;)

Open the exhaust = more noise = the cops won't like that and sign me tickets.

Not only that, but the Stang will fail it's yearly check for roadworthiness based on the noise level (atleast I think it's part of the check), which will prohibit me from driving at all :)

Tough... Well, that's relative. The whole point is that I can't take a gander about Stangs to see which sound profile appeals and is still considered legal.

I'd have to order the stuff, wait 2 to 3 weeks for it to get delivered, have someone stuff it under there, and THEN I'll be able to tell if it's still decent. Video's usually don't do sound that much justice, so I'm sticking to the stock. That also makes sure emissions are well within tolerances (which IS a part of that yearly checkup).

I'm a tad torn on buying a new 2015 Mustang (which the majority here will see with the 4 cyl ecoboost no doubt due to CO2 taxes on the purchase price), and missing the V8 rumble. Meh, who knows what time'll bring.

Oh, and what I meant with CO2 emissions... We calculated the pricetag for a new Mustang GT, with an estimate of 300 gr/km CO2 emissions. Came down that the car would cost me some 57K in the USA, but by the time I buy the car here, it's well up to 110K to 120K. CO2 emissions alone tag some 60K to 70K on the price. Which is why most people here drive smaller cars. I'm one of the exceptions with choosing a bigger car I guess :) Doesn't help that gas prices are around $8.50 a gallon where I'm at either. Although the amount of distances I need to drive are usually shorter then what you folks drive in the US.