• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

Hello from the Big D and my 67 stang

  • Thread starter Thread starter rydethis
  • Start date Start date Jan 9, 2019
R

rydethis

New Member
Dec 28, 2018
1
0
1
Fate, TX
Jan 9, 2019
#1
  • Jan 9, 2019
  • #1
New hear, living in east dallas and picked me up a new project. Always enjoy a good project and I have had a few over the years. I spent a number of years as a car mechanic working for Ford before putting down the wrench and stepping behind the counter. Now working in the motorcycle industry and find my passion for cars to be more enjoyable as a hobby. I just love building old cars and bikes for fun.
This will be my first Mustang, A 1967 coupe that I am completely restoring. ProjectJenna67 I am calling her, the car came half apart and has a few good new parts not installed yet that came with it, I have every part for the car except the windshield and drivers door glass. I plan to finish tearing it apart the rest of the way and doing the body work first as that can be the most time consuming part of any project. Redoing the suspension and lowering the ride height, disc brakes, rebuilding motor and trans and reassembling. Its a 289 car with a 3 speed, I am keeping it like this for now. Going to build the 289 up a bit and eventually do a t5 conversion but for now I want to sink the dollars into the body and handling first.
I will start a build thread as I get started, hope to get some good tips and pointers on here. I have found a few already, and I will get a picture of the current state of the project when I can upload them.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,056
10,678
213
polk county florida
Jan 9, 2019
#2
  • Jan 9, 2019
  • #2
Welcome to stangnet
 
Reactions: rydethis
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Hey Ya'll from the North Georgia mountains
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
7
Views
181
The Welcome Wagon Sep 12, 2026
General karthief
5
Hello fellow Mustang fanatics.
  • 580HP*428Cj
  • Apr 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
305
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
josep4
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
139
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
S
Hello from Minnesota (and the ancient MustangBoards)
  • SpeedofDarkness
  • Aug 24, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
260
The Welcome Wagon Aug 24, 2025
SpeedofDarkness
S
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
158
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?