Hello from TN with a 92 Foxbody

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to :SN:
I see you've already found the tuners thread,
You might specify if this is a slow crank when hot issue or cranks ok no start.
Reply in the tuners forum in the thread you gots now.
Good luck, I'll stand by and wait before I give you any bad advice :jester:

Thank you, I'll head over and do that now. Any advice at this point is better than the cold shoulder other forums have been given me. Not calling them out, just tired and frustrated. :coff:

I'm in Grainger co about 45 min outside of knoxville. Any more pics of your fox?

Attachments

• 20230701_110148.jpg
    20230701_110148.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 24
I'll have to post some later. Its not as clean as yours but the paint and body is on the list to do. My son and I went performance first. Motor, drive train, interior, roll cage, etc... with AC, LOL

Gotcha. Mine is pretty much stock other than 306 with intake, tb, bbk fenderwell, small cam, headers, aluminum d/s and 3.73's. My son has a 89 ssp that we put a built 308 with an old Paxton s2000 s/c it. He went through 3 t5's before we finally put a Gforce in it!

Attachments

• 20221027_115223.jpg
    20221027_115223.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: 1 user
LOL, At this point it would be easier to say what we haven't done to this car. Inside and out, the only thing that hasn't been changed or replaced is the paint, body panels, and rear tail lights.....yet. Needs a new front bumper cover (previous owner says it was a deer but I think he cleaned out a ditch), want a cobra r double cowl hood, and a high metallic ruby red paint job.

Nice! You can sure put some money in them quick! Not trying to be nosey just interested.. what power plant are you running? Do you know what the factory color was? Sorry; I really like hearing about peoples foxbodies and what they have done with them...

306 , forged internals, elderbrock intake, 75mm throttle body, Anderson fuel rails, non mass air, 600cc injectors, 450 lph fuel pump, fuel regulator, 8an fuel lines and fittings, aluminum rad, electric fan, Vortech supercharger (currently 6 psi), MSD distributor -coil-wires, full length BBK headers and 2.5 exhaust all the way out the back running through SLP resonators, 2 step for launches, Tremec, 5 speed, clutch, steel safety bell housing, Stifflers drive shaft loop, PST drive shaft with large u-joint and flange, Strange 35 spline racing axles, c-clip eliminators, full spool, 3:73 gear, 5 lug converted, front is SN95 spindles with 04 gt calipers, cobra master cylinder, SVT rear brake pressure adjuster (factory one bypassed) , sub frame connectors, 6 point roll cage, ALL new replaced or reupholstered interior, steering column out of a 889 for the tilt but went with a leather older SVT replica wheel, all new speakers and of course two 12' kickers with amp, racing seat belt harnesses. rear battery locate with kill switch, all new 2 gauge cables and copper ends. I am sure I am missing something............

My son heard my child hood stories of running the streets with my old mustangs (I have had a lot) and he wanted one. So in his senior year we sold his F250 I gave him and found this car in Alabama. Talk about a diamond in the rough. Every time we went to fix something we found 10 other half ass'ed things that needed to be fixed as well so before we new it we had the car completely gutted and started fresh. All new sound deadening mat every where and on and on. So the car is in his name BUT we get to work on it together and he lets me drive it for all my hard work,LOL.

I'll post pictures when I find where I put them all.lol

That is AWESOME! Like you I have had MANY mustangs. Back when I was young everyone wanted the Gt.. no one wanted the " grandma's lx coupe. That's probably why I really enjoy them and actually respect them. They came from nothing into something a lot of people really like. Plus I have been a ford man all my life. My great grandfather owned a small ford dealership in the town I live in. He was the oldest ford dealer and the oldest certified svt dealer in the country. I have sat in that place and dreamed many times. He passed at 103 ( at work) in the pass seat of a ford truck.

Wow, cool and sad story all at the same time. Did the family keep it going, sell out, or close it down? I had 2 GT's, 3 LX's, and one 71 Mach I, and now the current one with my son. Very memorable night was watching him go down the track for the first time in this car. He did horrible of course, lol but the experience and learning curve and most important the ear to ear grin he had was what made it all worth it for me. And the added bonus was watching his mom freak out, LOL

Dealership stayed open for a few years after his passing but unfortunately closed awhile back. Sad. He started it in 1916. I am always trying to get my son to take his ssp to the strip to see what it would run but he thinks he might embarrass himself somehow!! Dont know why he is a hell of alot better driver than i ever was. I can say its memories ill always keep working on his car with him.