Hellpp!!

jomull55

New Member
May 20, 2007
202
0
0
lucas, OH
okay, so i had an old pioneer cd player and i go to put a newer alpine i had in my escort into my stang. im pretty positive i have all the leads hooked up right. the cd player will turn on and display that it is playing the cd. problem is it will put out absolutely no sound! i hooked the old one back up and it wont put out sound either!! why???:shrug:
 
make sure you have your "amp turn on" wire hooked up. It's the blue/white wire IIRC. There should be one lead coming off the cd player and one lead coming off your harness.

do you have a dual harness (the one that connects the speaker wires with one harness and has another harness for the power/ground? Then those two harnesses go to the head unit leads. If so the amp signal wire is on the power side. I believe the connector is gray.
 
yes i do have the dual connectors... they are both hooked up. everything seems to be working except i get no sound output out of my door speakers. i dont have anything pretaining to my subs hooked up.
 
do you think you could get a pic of the wires at the harness. I'm assuming you have a mach 460. The mach system has 3 amps IIRC. In order for those amps to work that blue/white wire must be hooked up. I've seen a lot of people not hook that up cuz they don't have aftermarket amps....but it's the same deal. Double check to make sure that wire is properly connected from the harness to the cd deck lead.
 
i think that is the problem although im pretty sure i do not have the 460. im going to check it out here in a little bit thanks for all the help if it does not work ill let you know and post pictures if need be
 
Hopefully that's your problem. I'm not too familiar with the base stereo so I can't be of much help there. If you don't have any sound from it (after you check the blue/white wire) the only thing I could think it would be is a bad connection somewhere or wires not hooked up right.

butttt, I'd have to put my money on the amp turn-on wire.