Help An Old Wrencher Out.....legacy Car Help

:rlaugh:
... CL is just that ......it's "CL"!!! ....it's not Summit Racing walk in store with a return policy. Has anyone EVER heard of a Summit Killer??!! ....NOPE :nonono:
But sure as hell heard of the CL killer!!! ....and you know sure as sh!t there are CL robbers everywhere. Go look at something and come back and try to steal it or something else on top of it. That's how criminals work and if one is not careful they'll come home one day and find themselves robbed blind :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I think you are missing the point. It has nothing to do with standing behind whatever part it is I'm selling and more to do with giving someone an address where a Mustang, and parts are located.

Mustang theft is pretty big in my area for clean foxes. I've known friends to get their cars towed out of their driveway or garage, so it's a big concern to me. I had a friend years ago part out a car, and list a ton of mods on CL. After a few people dropped by, the garage was broken into and some of the parts were stolen. Until then, they sat there undisturbed for years. Fairly convinced one of the interested people on CL simply came by for a scouting trip.

Reactions: 2 users
Not a big fan of CL for those reasons. I rolled a 2003 vert, and parted it out on ebay... I still had my account hacked and the person was trying to resell items to people that got outbid even though he didn't have the product. Ebay took care of me on that one but at least it wasn't stuff going down at my house.

If I wanna gamble on a $50 throw away part I will meet you anywhere. But when I am shelling out $500 for a part I cant take apart in a parking lot to fully inspect and take your word on its condition and your lying to me I want to be able to meet up with you and discuss the matter with you. I just commented on the seller I was in contact with and I had judged him as shady. There is No way I would buy a car in a parking lot for fear on being robbed. Snap on man is a business that sells both new and used tools and can easily be found. If you chose to sell on Craigslist and sell crap that should be bought new you should be ready to deal with the idiots. It comes with the territory. I am not trying to get in a pissing match.

way i see it, three types of cl sellers,

please take this thing for a few bucks im tired of it and can go eat at taco bell with the proceeds, probably ok but theyre selling for a reason, bills, spending money etc

a local business guy trying to make buck on used stuff, has a certain rep to maintain and probably a place of business.

thieves, hookers and crackheads

if you cant decide during conversation default to #3 and dont buy it or follow up with them...

same goes in reverse if youre selling and the first time a single toothed shaky freak shows up youda wished they never saw your world...

If I wanna gamble on a $50 throw away part I will meet you anywhere. But when I am shelling out $500 for a part I cant take apart in a parking lot to fully inspect and take your word on its condition and your lying to me I want to be able to meet up with you and discuss the matter with you. I just commented on the seller I was in contact with and I had judged him as shady. There is No way I would buy a car in a parking lot for fear on being robbed. Snap on man is a business that sells both new and used tools and can easily be found. If you chose to sell on Craigslist and sell crap that should be bought new you should be ready to deal with the idiots. It comes with the territory. I am not trying to get in a ****ing match.

lol....you just aren't getting it.

I came on here to ask fellow car enthusiasts about a specific questions on how much, what to look for, and what might be the problem with my T5. I interjected on deal that I might wanted of to pursue. The deal wasn't right and I expressed dislike of CL parking lot deals. I then labeled sellers of parking lot CL deals in my personal experiences as dirt bags. I didn't expect to strike a cord in a administrator and get into a argument on my first post with a administrator. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's little toes. Is this a welcoming new members forum or do you need to be hazed to get in?

I came on here to ask fellow car enthusiasts about a specific questions on how much, what to look for, and what might be the problem with my T5. I interjected on deal that I might wanted of to pursue. The deal wasn't right and I expressed dislike of CL parking lot deals. I then labeled sellers of parking lot CL deals in my personal experiences as dirt bags. I didn't expect to strike a cord in a administrator and get into a argument on my first post with a administrator. Sorry if I stepped on anybody's little toes. Is this a welcoming new members forum or do you need to be hazed to get in?

You're not stepping on anyone's toes here man. We're just looking at this from two different perspectives and priorities.

I only hope you never sell something and have that one guy with "smash and grab" on his mind come to your door with the intentions of casing the place for a day you aren't home. You really don't need to show him around the place to let him know what you have.....you've already advertised it in CL. :D

Reactions: 1 user
I never sell and I buy too much. there's never enough garage spaces to store all the deals I come across. I always told my wife that if we lived in the country I would have a car lot as a front yard. ;)

228499_1067251249867_6311_n.jpg

228279_1067251409871_9555_n.jpg

228684_1067251329869_7891_n.jpg

New top with glass, new flow masters exhaust cat deleted, BBk shorties, AC delete. NO rust for a midwest car. Somebody loved this car and son idiot used it as a car. 74k original miles. Only out of place part is the sea encrusted looking T5 thats under it

IMG_20140419_114541_075.jpg

Last edited: