Help Car shut off wont start

hey guys just rebuilt my motor. Drove it about 1/4 mile and it just shut off and the tach went dead. Theres coolant leakin out. (i think from the head) I was wondering if maybe the heads werent torqued down enough because the heads are fire ringed but i am not using fire ringed head gaskets because there werent fire ringed head gaskets on there. So i have edelbrock performer heads which say to be torqued to 105ft lbs. I have arp head studs and dont no if the heads need be torqued down more. Any suggestions on what may have happened?

• Sponsors (?)

Pull the all the spark plugs out and crank the engine. If you get coolant out of the spark plugs holes or find coolant on the spark plugs, you have a gasket problem. Be prepared to pull the heads and replace the gaskets. If the heads were cut for O rings, you need to use an O ring when you reassemble them.

The lower studs should have ARP sealer or teflon pipe dope on the threads that screw into the block. These studs screw directly into the water jacket. All the other threads should have anti seize or ARP thread lubricant on them.