HELP!!! Car turns over but wont start after replacing fuel pump!!!

afast93stang

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2002
North Texas
Last time I drove the stang was Friday night, there were not any noticable problems of any kind. The reason I didnt drive it Sat or Sun is because we got 3 inches of snow. Monday morning I come out to go to class and it wont start.

I usually prime the engine a few times espically since its been pretty cold lately. When I went to prime it I didnt hear the fuel pump whine like I have always heard, but I still tried to start it not really thinking much of it. It didnt start and thought it was the fuel pump. Later that day I go to the parts store and get a new one and I just finished putting it in.

I have the same problem, no fuel pump whine.

I have checked and rechecked the wires on the pump and looked at my fuses and checked the connections to the fuel pump relays nothing is loose. Like I said, I had no indication of anything going out when I drove it on Friday.

What do I do or check next?

• Sponsors (?)

To figure out if its getting either spark or fuel and which one it is lacking do the following:

Take off the hose by the MAF and shoot a little ether in the tube, then have someone try to start the car. If it fires then shuts right back off you know you are getting spark but no fuel, if it never trys to fire, shoot a little more ether in and try it again. If it never trys to fire, you are not getting any spark so its something between the coil and distributor..

Good luck

-Smoke