HELP! Car wont start after running

jrnstang

May 30, 2003
I would appreciate your help in trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my car. The car started up fine the other day (Optima Battery registed 12.0 volts)and left it running for about 20 minutes. The following day i tried to turned it on and the car would not crank over (Optima Battery registed 9.5 volts). I checked the alt and starter and they both were good. The battery is brand new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Could it be the voltage regulator or possibly a faulty ground wire?

Thanks in advance,:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem recently and it turned out that the neutral safety switch was the problem. I put the car into neutral instead of park and it started up fine.

I would appreciate your help in trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my car. The car started up fine the other day (Optima Battery registed 12.0 volts)and left it running for about 20 minutes. The following day i tried to turned it on and the car would not crank over (Optima Battery registed 9.5 volts). I checked the alt and starter and they both were good. The battery is brand new. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Could it be the voltage regulator or possibly a faulty ground wire?

Thanks in advance,:flag:

Is the starter turning over? Is the selenoid "clicking"? What exactly is happening?

Car wont Start

Yes the Starter cranks over maybe two or three times before getting the buzz (when the battery is dead) noise, no clicking. Hope that helps you help me.