HELP! Clutch/ Shifter Vibrating Problem!

Ny Mustang Guy

Founding Member
Dec 10, 2001
Queens Nyc
Hey What's up, I recently Replaced My stock clutch setup with a Centerforce Clutch, I also replaced my tranny (which was bad) with a Rebuilt T-5, I have a steeda triax shifter. Here is a list of the problems I have:

1:notnice: My shifter shakes in neutral, and vibrates when in gear. (More during high RPM's) :fuss:

2:notnice: In the beginning it was easy to shift through all the gears..still is, but when I get on it a little it is hard to find 3rd. :fuss:

3:notnice: Sometimes I cant get into reverse, (I do the usual 5th into reverse) I need to go back into neutral, clutch again, and I go right from 5th into reverse about 95% of the time. :fuss:

4:notnice: My clutch seems to be engaging about 2inches (maybe a little more) off the floor. :fuss:

5:notnice: It seems like I can hear a LITTLE bit of what seems to be metal shaking, not loose metal moving around.. like metal vibrating against metal.. I cant really explain it.. it is faint and only when im usually on an incline I can hear it if I put my ear close to the shifter. :fuss:

6:notnice: seems like it isnt grabbing hard enough when I get on it, (which isnt much at all) almost as if it is slipping a bit... my stock clutch seemed to grab better. :fuss:

I know my shifter cable needs to be adjusted, and i am going to do that soon, I just wanted to know if there is any input I can have like what else I can check for to see if that is the problem. My engine sometimes doesnt run very well so I sometimes get the whole car shaking, I would assume because of that the shaking is getting picked up through the tranny/shifter?, My Driveshaft may not be aligned correctly but i checked it when I put it in and it was fine, also my mounts are good.

Any input is appreciated,
Dave :nice:

• Sponsors (?)