Engine Help diagnosing a whine at low gas pedal pressures - 1998gt

Chrismac112

May 25, 2020
Atascadero
So while driving, there is an occasional whine that I personally hear coming from the passenger side when the gas pedal is pushed between a certain threshold. I hear the whine when the pedal is pushed 5% - 10% of the way to the floor if that makes sense. Other than then, I never hear it. I'm stumped so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm...
Is it a manual transmission? And what gear? Does speed matter?

Just because it’s important, have you had the exhaust looked at on a lift for leaks? A hiss or other noise would be more likely, but maybe a heat shield could vibrate, besides a leak.

Hmmm...
Is it a manual transmission? And what gear? Does speed matter?

Just because it’s important, have you had the exhaust looked at on a lift for leaks? A hiss or other noise would be more likely, but maybe a heat shield could vibrate, besides a leak.
Yeah its manual, the T-45. Speed and gear don't matter. But it doesn't do it when in neutral. I've not had the car looked at for leaks; but I have an offroad x-pipe in right now so cats/heat shields are out of the equation. The whine started a long while after installing the x-pipe though.

So while driving, there is an occasional whine that I personally hear coming from the passenger side when the gas pedal is pushed between a certain threshold. I hear the whine when the pedal is pushed 5% - 10% of the way to the floor if that makes sense. Other than then, I never hear it. I'm stumped so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Kind of late but I have this issue often with my 98GT and what fixes it for me is taking apart my cold air intake and cleaning the sensors with Gum Out. My whining is also tied to my idle and will cause my RPMs to bounce like crazy