Help finding 1991 Mustang

So, not sure how far I could get with this little bit of info, but I'm trying to track down my father's old red 91 Mustang. I am aware that there were alot of these, and I can't narrow it down by trim and I don't have the vin unfortunately. All I have is the original buyer's name from 1991 and who it was sold to in 1998. I'm aware it is likely impossible to find out where it went with just this, but I figured I'd ask around anyway.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Sponsors (?)

First, that's not a 91. The body side molding was painted the body color starting in 90. The quarter glass says it's at least an 87. There are no 5.0 badges on the fenders, was it a 4 cylinder?

First, that's not a 91. The body side molding was painted the body color starting in 90.

92 and 93's had the color matched moldings. That paint scheme is correct for a 91. Judging from the pic (no tailpipes and 10-hole wheels) i'm guessing it is a 4-cyl car.

OP, do you have a license plate number for the car when he had it? How friendly are you with your insurance agent? They can look this info up for you. Whether or not they give it to you is a different story.

Reactions: 1 user
92 and 93's had the color matched moldings. That paint scheme is correct for a 91. Judging from the pic (no tailpipes and 10-hole wheels) i'm guessing it is a 4-cyl car.

OP, do you have a license plate number for the car when he had it? How friendly are you with your insurance agent? They can look this info up for you. Whether or not they give it to you is a different story.

Most likely a 4 cylinder. Checking on a license plate now.

Once you have that info, call your (or his) agent and tell them what you are doing and see if they can pull any info up to see if the car even exists still, or it's been turned into a guardrail.

I was able to track down my 2003 Mustang GT and get an address by asking my insurance agent. They can run VIN's or plates and trace a vehicle and see where it is today.

Once you have that info, call your (or his) agent and tell them what you are doing and see if they can pull any info up to see if the car even exists still, or it's been turned into a guardrail.

I was able to track down my 2003 Mustang GT and get an address by asking my insurance agent. They can run VIN's or plates and trace a vehicle and see where it is today.

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Wow, memory fades. I had an 89 LX and I now have a 90 7-up. I guess that explains it.