Help for Turn Signal problems

So my 2002 mustang was having issues with the blinker, the blinker most of the time won’t blink for turn signals and every now and then it will blink once or twice if I’m lucky. The hazard lights work perfectly fine though, and a fuse was changed and still the blinkers aren’t working, then I just bought a new turn signal switch and replaced it as soon as I got it thinking that was the problem and the guy at auto zone told me that it would fix my turn signal issue, but after I made the replacement it didn’t do anything different and the blinker still won’t blink turning left or right and the randomly if may blink once or twice if I try to use the blinker in either direction if lucky and yet again the hazard lights still work fine and so does the beam lights, idk what to do or what it could be....any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

If you are positive that the multi-function switch is working and all of the lights front and back when the hazards work, then consider it's either:
  • bad blinker module.
  • bad blinker module ground.

Try the blinker module, as wmburns suggests.

I had the same issue not too long ago. Turn signals would intermittently work, and got worse over time to the point that they hardly worked at all. But the hazards worked just fine. I changed out the switch assembly to no avail. Changed all the bulbs thinking those could've been causing an issue. Nothing.

Finally changed out the flasher module up under the dash and that solved the problem. Give that a whirl.