Help identify this intake...

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I was talking to an older guy in our club the other evening and we got to discussing older mustangs.

Once I told him what I had he told me he had a 289 intake sitting in his garage.

He said it was off a 289 (also has the engine in the garage). It says Cobra in big letters on it, its very very FLAT (he described it as almost perfectly flat), its for a 4bbl, and it has cooling fins on it. I dont have a part number though. Anyone seen an intake like this before? Is it worth anything?

Shane

• Sponsors (?)

allcarfan said:
I was talking to an older guy in our club the other evening and we got to discussing older mustangs.

Once I told him what I had he told me he had a 289 intake sitting in his garage.

He said it was off a 289 (also has the engine in the garage). It says Cobra in big letters on it, its very very FLAT (he described it as almost perfectly flat), its for a 4bbl, and it has cooling fins on it. I dont have a part number though. Anyone seen an intake like this before? Is it worth anything?

Shane

it sounds to me like one of the old T/A style intakes with the big open plenum and interchangeable tops, for single os dual quads, if so that is a rare intake and worth big bucks, if you can get it cheap that would be an awesome deal :nice:

I dont think he is interested in selling. I talked to him about it and he said he was going to hold onto it. It has the first 35th anniversary stang to roll off the line...and has it fixed up...NICE. he knows he stuff...and is a really nice guy.