• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Help IDing a torque converter

  • Thread starter Thread starter gbarber
  • Start date Start date Feb 29, 2008

gbarber

Member
Jan 26, 2004
158
0
17
delaware, ohio
Feb 29, 2008
#1
  • Feb 29, 2008
  • #1
Does anyone have any hints for identifying an aftermarket torque converter? I have one I don't need any more, but I don't remember what kind it is.





I bought this converter new in early 2004. I had in in my car for about 3000 miles, and then I changed to a T5. The problem is, I am an IDIOT and I can't find any of the paperwork that came with it. I know it goes in an earlier C4 with a 24 spline shaft and a 10.5" bolt pattern. I am pretty sure it is a 2400 stall converter. The number 400011 is stamped on the transmission side. I've tried google searches, but I have come up with nothing. I could swear it was a B&M or TCI, but I called B&M and I was told their part numbers are not that long. They also said all of their converters are a lighter blue. I am pretty sure I have seen older B&M torque converters that are dark colored. TCI also said the part number was not theirs. Does anyone have any ideas?
 
3

351vic

New Member
Jun 13, 2007
33
0
0
Pierz, MN
Mar 15, 2008
#2
  • Mar 15, 2008
  • #2
Wow that's very coincidental that u have the same problem at this time. I bought one just like that like a week ago, only to realize i need a 26 spline so I'm trying to sell it, and upon further investigation, It doesn't appear to be a B&M. It was marketed as B&M but theres no labeling on it. The guy I got it from said its part of B&M's "white box program" or some crap
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
How To Decode
  • Malcoll1
  • Mar 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
369
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 10, 2026
FoxChasis
F
O
Help
  • OnisimusD
  • Oct 13, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
493
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Oct 14, 2025
OnisimusD
O
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
181
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
Drivetrain Leaking torque converter seal
  • LxJoe
  • Aug 3, 2024
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
858
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 6, 2024
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?