Help me decide

So, I'm new here (obviously) and I'm trying to decide which motor to go with. The car will mostly be for my days off work as I live 65 miles from where I work and don't want to put 100K miles on another car in 3 years. So, I'm fine with anything over 300 HP/TQ so it seems like any of the motors will be fine with me.

Did anyone go with the ecoboost or v6 and wish they had gotten the GT? or vice-versa? My only requirement at this point is that it must be a manual. I'd like something that I can add power to later if I decide to, so I'm wondering if I should rule out the ecoboost all together.
I'm leaning towards spending a little extra and going with the GT, but wanted to hear from some people in the community first.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It's tempting to get a V6 stang now a days. Youtube some reviews and go with what you think youll like more.
I mentioned the V6 because of the ride comfort and less weight at front, which puts ot closer to 50\50 weight balance and quick response off the line. Add a vortech supercharger and it will destroy the turbo stangs out there.

So, I'm new here (obviously) and I'm trying to decide which motor to go with. The car will mostly be for my days off work as I live 65 miles from where I work and don't want to put 100K miles on another car in 3 years. So, I'm fine with anything over 300 HP/TQ so it seems like any of the motors will be fine with me.

Did anyone go with the ecoboost or v6 and wish they had gotten the GT? or vice-versa? My only requirement at this point is that it must be a manual. I'd like something that I can add power to later if I decide to, so I'm wondering if I should rule out the ecoboost all together.
I'm leaning towards spending a little extra and going with the GT, but wanted to hear from some people in the community first.

If it's just the weekend toy I would say go for the GT like I did (2017 GT Premium Fastback). But I do drive it to work usually on Fridays since most of those days I get to leave a little early. I just enjoy driving it moreso than my 07 Tundra Crewmax but both my toys have their perks. The truck has the $3,000 soundsystem but the Mustang, well what more needs to be said! But either one beats the cramped seats on the Metrolink which I use to commute from Riverside to LA (CA).