Help me finish my combo

pb_paulie_b

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
Chaptico, Maryland
Hey guys. I wanted some opinions + some insite on finishing up my combination. I already have all the stuff in my sig plus link bar hyd. roller lifters and a shaft 1.6 roller rocker system.
Comp cams recomended their 282 nitrous HP .565 int.,.580 exh. hyd. roller cam with a 2800-6800 rpm range. I'm planning on getting a Vortech supercharger down the road.
Is this a good cam for 15 psi? Will my lifters handle the 6800 rpm? Should i get titanium locks and retainers? Will the supercharger handle that rpm? I know these are alot of questions, but i'm at stand still till i get some of these things figured out. Thanks...PB

• Sponsors (?)

Crane...

Were turning our Crane hydro. rollers to 7200 in a 408,with alot larger cam.

And our previous 357 had the same lifters in it (yes,our 408 has the same lifter that came out of the 357,so we got about 3000 miles on them!)And thaty motor would turn 6800rpm with a Crane cam similar in specs to a TFS stage 2.

And really,I dont see how new stock ones would be a big problem,Im mean they would have to pump up terrably easy.

bluevenom867 said:
Crane...

Were turning our Crane hydro. rollers to 7200 in a 408,with alot larger cam.

And our previous 357 had the same lifters in it (yes,our 408 has the same lifter that came out of the 357,so we got about 3000 miles on them!)And thaty motor would turn 6800rpm with a Crane cam similar in specs to a TFS stage 2.

And really,I dont see how new stock ones would be a big problem,Im mean they would have to pump up terrably easy.

Well they're meant to not go above 6500 rpm.......So they may or may not fail, but I personally wouldn't take the chance.:shrug: