Help me identify my weird rev squeal please???

jared_blown5.0

Dec 27, 2005
My car never did this until 2 weeks ago when installed my supercharger. Its not the supercharger it sounds like its coming from the top of the manifold in back/center or the bellhousing. It only does it after you rev it and it is reving down. I did however change valvcover and reset the preload on my lifters but doubt thats what it is. Here is a video of the squeal sound:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=47nhwaciqbI

update: Not the blower or the accesories, I took the belts off and fired it and still squeals after you rev it, also the rockers arent rubbing.

Thanks guys for the help
-Jared

• Sponsors (?)

Trace your vacuum lines and listen to each one.

Depending on the condition of your motor, excessive blowby can push past the weakest link in your system.

Lower intake end seals can pop out although I would think that you would see oil coming out as well.

PCV system doing well? I got a supercoupe PCV valve for my setup - the stock PCV lets air past at boost. The supercoupe one seals tight. (I had two brand new from Ford and blew on them both lol)

Wes

ditto on stanger's post, its air being pushed through a small hole creating the whine. btw did ur throttle cable on the TB fit perfect? mine had alot of extra slack and had to tie it w/ wire ties to take the slack out...and i dont like that.

I also agree. Excellent advice from Wes.

The noise might also be pressure actually bleeding past your Rear main seal.

Good luck.