help me pick a shifter...with options!

I'm holding out on buying one because I'm planning on losing the t5 and going tko... But being a machinist, seeing a micrometer on the mgw sure makes it alluring!:) Says attention to precision to me.

....and I've got a buddy that loves his.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm holding out on buying one because I'm planning on losing the t5 and going tko...

Yeah, I thought about the "what if I ever want to upgrade my trans" dilemma before I bought my Tri-Ax. I did a little checking into the GForce T5's and they seem every bit as tough as the TKO's. And you don't need to swap drive shafts, trans mounts, clutch systems, shifters, etc, etc to bolt one up.

Yeah, I thought about the "what if I ever want to upgrade my trans" dilemma before I bought my Tri-Ax. I did a little checking into the GForce T5's and they seem every bit as tough as the TKO's. And you don't need to swap drive shafts, trans mounts, clutch systems, shifters, etc, etc to bolt one up.

And to me, the T-5s are silky smooth compared to the TKOs. I had a Liberty T-5 and LOVED it!!! :nice:

And to me, the T-5s are silky smooth compared to the TKOs. I had a Liberty T-5 and LOVED it!!! :nice:

I looked into a g force t5, even gave them a call. They wanted more than a tko cost, and after searching for reviews I found a lot of bad stuff that scared me away. It seems they market a "racing" transmission and claim it's strong, but they don't stand behind them when leave half of it on the track.

No thanks. Too many happy tremec owners out there.

I looked into a g force t5, even gave them a call. They wanted more than a tko cost, and after searching for reviews I found a lot of bad stuff that scared me away. It seems they market a "racing" transmission and claim it's strong, but they don't stand behind them when leave half of it on the track.

No thanks. Too many happy tremec owners out there.

If you don't like the GForce trans, how about an Astro Performance gearset added to your stock unit. They're proven, rated to 525hp-650hp and at just under $1,400, still about $800 less money than buying a new TKO...and again, you don't need to replace the shifter, bell housing, drive shaft, clutch mechanism, crossmember, mount, etc.

Those items alone are going to eat up $600. That makes for a pretty expensive swap. Not to mention the GForce and Astro Performance units have the option of a very highway friendly .59:1 O/D ration, that I don't believe is available for the TKO's?

Not bad mouthing the Tremec, but there are more cost effective alternatives.

If you don't like the GForce trans, how about an Astro Performance gearset added to your stock unit. They're proven, rated to 525hp-650hp and at just under $1,400, still about $800 less money than buying a new TKO...and again, you don't need to replace the shifter, bell housing, drive shaft, clutch mechanism, crossmember, mount, etc.

Those items alone are going to eat up $600. That makes for a pretty expensive swap. Not to mention the GForce and Astro Performance units have the option of a very highway friendly .59:1 O/D ration, that I don't believe is available for the TKO's?

Not bad mouthing the Tremec, but there are more cost effective alternatives.

Already got the bell, 26 spline stage 2 spec clutch set, billet flywheel... All I need is the trans and the slip yoke and I'm good to go. Don't need the whole drive shaft, and the cross member relocates, iirc.

I've had a bunch.
Buy whatever you get a good deal on.

The one i liked most as far as positioning was the hurst with it's bent handle, unfortunately only hurst knobs fit on it, and the hurst ball kept breaking off and that bitch rattled like hell.
The tri ax is good, so is the pro 5.0 and the MGW.
Search ebay and craigs, and which ever one is cheapest, buy.

I'm holding out on buying one because I'm planning on losing the t5 and going tko... But being a machinist, seeing a micrometer on the mgw sure makes it alluring!:) Says attention to precision to me.

....and I've got a buddy that loves his.:shrug:

could always sell the shifter....pretty sure it'll go fast