Help me with a 347 set up

hi guys, i want to build a stock block 347 thats around 400hp to the wheels. my plans are to get AFR 185s but i dont know what i should get 58cc or 70cc? i have 1.6 rockers, i dont know what cam to get with this set up tho, i want to get the trick flow intake manifold r-series, 36lbs injectors, i have a 75mm throttle body. i have the block and pistons already. also what MAF is recommended? please help i would really appreciate it, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

hi guys, i want to build a stock block 347 thats around 400hp to the wheels. my plans are to get AFR 185s but i dont know what i should get 58cc or 70cc? i have 1.6 rockers, i dont know what cam to get with this set up tho, i want to get the trick flow intake manifold r-series, 36lbs injectors, i have a 75mm throttle body. i have the block and pistons already. also what MAF is recommended? please help i would really appreciate it, thanks

You are on the right track. AFR 185s will probably get you to 400hp to the wheels, but Trick Flow 11R heads definitely will. That's something to consider. Definitely go for the smaller combustion chamber and a flat top piston. You really want to be at around 11:1 static compression ratio. You can call Comp Cams for a good recommendation on a cam. They have enough off the shelf grinds to get you in the ball park. If you want a custom cam from FTI or something, then go for it. I think everyone went back to the Pro-M MAF last time I checked. PMAS works fine too.

Kurt

Just throwing this out there....my friend bought a crate 347 long block for his 66 Mustang. Came with a dyno sheet, 437 HP and has a 2 year warranty. Less than 5k. Blueprint engines.

(Sorry, just re-read and see you have the block and pistons already)

i just built a similar motor. 347 scat crank and rods, wiesco flat top pistons, afr 185 cnc heads. i bought the 58cc heads and with my .039 head gasket and im right around 10.7/1. im also using a comp cams xe282xr cam. holley systemax2 intake, 36lb injectors, scorpion roller rockers, 75 mm throttle body and running it all with a megasquirt goldbox. just got the tune finished for the most part this past sat and it runs great!

Reactions: 1 users
i just built a similar motor. 347 scat crank and rods, wiesco flat top pistons, afr 185 cnc heads. i bought the 58cc heads and with my .039 head gasket and im right around 10.7/1. im also using a comp cams xe282xr cam. holley systemax2 intake, 36lb injectors, scorpion roller rockers, 75 mm throttle body and running it all with a megasquirt goldbox. just got the tune finished for the most part this past sat and it runs great!
Do you have a link for that stroker kit? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Do you have a link for that stroker kit? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
im pretty sure it was a regular cast stroker crank kit from summit. then pieced together the rest. i had the bottom end built by a machine shop thats fairly local. he only builds ford small blocks and ship all over the country. Creb enginering in Rhode Island. good prices too!

im pretty sure it was a regular cast stroker crank kit from summit. then pieced together the rest. i had the bottom end built by a machine shop thats fairly local. he only builds ford small blocks and ship all over the country. Creb enginering in Rhode Island. good prices too!
Thanks for the help. I plan on having my friend who is a mechanic build it. I just need the stroker kit.

He built a 347 for me nearly 20 years ago. Thing was a blast.

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen some of their stuff on eBay and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them.

I've seen some of their stuff on eBay and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with them.

Creb was mentioned in a Hot Rod article I ran across some time ago. I've been debating whether or not I want to go that route when I finally tear into my 87.

Last edited: