Help Me with prices/budget...Also how much RWHP?

Redeemedsoul

Sep 4, 2005
$$ - Bore .030 inches over

$1,559 - Buy 306 Stroker Kit (SC Super Comp Stroker Kits from http://www.f-p-s.com/engine_components/index.html
~At the FPS site do I buy the 306 Stroker Kit or the 331 or 347 ??

$ 1,335 - AFR 185 Heads from http://www.treperformance.com/Heads...RFord185cc.html
~Which heads do I get the “street heads, stud 58cc/61cc or pedestal 60cc”

$$ - 1 5/8 inch headers ??

$$ - Catted H or X pipe ?? I want something nice with a low growl, but relatively quiet… not sure what is better X or H pipe but I only want a small growl .. louder than a stock stang, but not like a ricer?

$$ - 42 lb. fuel injectors ??

$$ - Pro-M 75mm … now do I get it in black or chrome and what pound? 19lb, 24lb, or 30lb. from http://www.houstonperformance.com/fuelairsystems.htm

$319.00 - 75mm Accufab Throttle body from http://www.lmperformance.com/6102/60.html

$$ - Custom blower cam ??

$$ - Custom tune ??

$$ - Blozilla Supercharger or Watev.

With the tuning would I be able to have two maps set on the tune … one map with a daily driver 4-6 psi of the blowzilla pressure … and another race map with 10-12 psi ?

Let me know prices and sites if someone has time, also how much RWHP would I be looking at with this setup. Thank You to all replies!

• Sponsors (?)

If you're running a blower, get the 61cc stud mount heads. Don't buy aftermarket pedestal heads, they are really difficult to adjust the valvetrain with. You also don't want the smaller combustion chamber (59cc) because you want lower compression with the blower.

MAC and BBK make good 1 5/8" shortys, I use MAC and I really like them.

H-pipe is louder than X, so you might wanna go with an X. Again, MAC or BBK is a good cheap brand that most people like.

42 lb injectors are gonna be somewhat costly. I'd check eBay.

Get the Pro-M in black, chrome conducts heat, unless you want some show with the go. Get it calibrated for your injectors, in this case, 42 lbs. Make sure when you get the MAF to tell them if you're using a blower, and what kind. This will effect the calibration as well.

GEEZ!! $300 for a freaking throttle body?! Why not go with BBK?

AFM makes great blower cams from what I hear. Check them out.

Custom tune, you're looking at $600 easily.

The Blowzilla's I think take a GT-40 style lower intake, you'll need to figure that in as well. If you get a centrifigual (Vortech,Paxton) then you can run any intake. Make sure when you get the MAF to tell them if you're using a blower, and what kind. This will effect the calibration as well.

Lots of places will burn more than 1 chip for you. With a program like the twEECer, you can have up to 5 tunes (4 aftermarkets, and 5 is off, meaning back to the stock tune). This was you can swap out pulleys, and all you have to do to switch tunes is rotate a knob on a switch that comes with the twEECer. Very handy.

I don't know about the other stuff, this will get you started though. Good luck

Redeemedsoul said:
$1,559 - Buy 306 Stroker Kit (SC Super Comp Stroker Kits from http://www.f-p-s.com/engine_components/index.html
~At the FPS site do I buy the 306 Stroker Kit or the 331 or 347 ??

I must have missed this the first time around. What do you mean "which kit"? If you're building a 306, then buy a 306 kit. If you're building a 331, then get a 331 kit, if you're building a 347, then get a 347 kit. :shrug:

Sounds like you're pretty new to the mustang world. Are you sure you want to try and build this badass of a motor, when you don't even know the basics, like which exhaust and stuff to get? :crazy:

if your spending over 300 dollars on a throttle body, than why not just buy a stock replacement 302 cratemotor for 10 grand lol sorry - thats way too much, that little throttle body better give you 40 horses lol good luck man, do a little more research, type in 306 into the search field, and click on the threads that look interesting to you and the ones that you think you could learn something from, its the name of the game, but i feel you should have done a little more research so your questions could be more specific, and you could be better off when your thread is onto the 3rd or 4th page lol GOOD LUCK MAN

Paul Perreca

thanks for the info ... i searched prior to but nothing specific ... ive also already bought 6 5.0 mustang books =) ... i just started learning about a week ago ... planning on getting the car in may so i have plenty of time to know what to get and how much to start saving...

If im going to be wasting 10k on this engine i might as well just get a crate motor right?

Also if anyone could look up the prices still .. and the sites i can find the stuff at that would help .. thanks!

Redeemedsoul said:
If im going to be wasting 10k on this engine i might as well just get a crate motor right?

Also if anyone could look up the prices still .. and the sites i can find the stuff at that would help .. thanks!

Crate motors are really overrated and overpriced. Besides, I don't think there's many crate motors that come with Kenne Bell's on them. :shrug:

well, in my jegs, there is a 347 crate motor, 10:1 compression, and "Z" cylinder heads (never heard of them) Heavy duty block - and that runs 7009.99 lol So throw on a super charger and your still under 10k (depending on the pick) crate motors "can" be worth it, gotta pic the right one, not saying that one is right just saying i saw it, and wrote it for ya, to explain its cheaper this way, and less hassle, cuz it's already built.... good luck buddy

Paul Perreca