Help: No Brake Lights / Hazards / Turn Signals

JayhawkGT

Apr 6, 2011
In January I purchased a 1996 Cobra that needed some work. Recently I took it for a drive and realized I have no turn signals, hazards, and brake lights (third brake like is out too.)

I checked fuses with visual inspection and multimeter and none had issues. I replaced relay and nothing, neither relay clicks when turn signal applied. I then replaced MFS and still nothing… could they brake switch be the issue?

I did find a Viper alarm system tucked down to the left of the driver footwell. Since the problem already existed I went ahead and removed it.

Really frustrated as wiring is not my wheel house and just want to be able to drive my car.

• Sponsors (?)

In January I purchased a 1996 Cobra that needed some work. Recently I took it for a drive and realized I have no turn signals, hazards, and brake lights (third brake like is out too.)

I checked fuses with visual inspection and multimeter and none had issues. I replaced relay and nothing, neither relay clicks when turn signal applied. I then replaced MFS and still nothing… could they brake switch be the issue?

I did find a Viper alarm system tucked down to the left of the driver footwell. Since the problem already existed I went ahead and removed it.

Really frustrated as wiring is not my wheel house and just want to be able to drive my car.
Double checked fuses again and the INT LAMP fuse was both smaller than it should have been, and blown. Replaced with new fuse and everything works.