help, o2 and cat monitors wont ready for emissions test, 2013 mustang gt

o2 sensor and cat monitors wont ready themselves for emission test, had 91 tune from bama, flashed back to stock, have driven almost 1000 miles with no luck, have carb legal flowmaster shortys and mbrp catback exhasut on it, stock air intake (removed airaid cai for emission testing), no matter what I do I cannot get o2 and cat monitors ready, drove from Sacramento to reno and still not ready, no check engine light, live data shows o2s and cats readings , so they are working but not ready for testing, was told the 91 tune air/fuel may have messed up the upstream o2s? I need to smog my car , anybody help please. I am in California , I have done the driving cycles, I have been driving car everyday to and from work , which is roughly 25-30 min drive, I've disconnected battery for a week, I have rest monitors with code reader, i tuned back to 91 and flashed back to stock, I have no idea why they wont ready. trying to avoid dealership. everything on car is carb legal right now, I passed emissions 2 years ago before the tune with exhaust and headers.

• Sponsors (?)

It's the tune. Even though you say it was "flashed back to stock" it is not.
A Ford dealership should be able to re-flash the PCM to stock configurations.
You will lose all of the Bama tune, and it may make the tuner Bama sold you not work anymore as it may not recognize the configuration that Bama used.
You may be able to get a waiver from the State to get the car licensed. This usually requires a authorized smog station attempting to repair the vehicle to get it to pass, once you spend enough $ (whatever the State limit is, I think it is around $250) they will waiver the vehicle.

Last edited:
It's the tune. Even though you say it was "flashed back to stock" it is not.
A Ford dealership should be able to re-flash the PCM to stock configurations.
You will lose all of the Bama tune, and it may make the tuner Bama sold you not work anymore as it may not recognize the configuration that Bama used.
You may be able to get a waiver from the State to get the car licensed. This usually requires a authorized smog station attempting to repair the vehicle to get it to pass, once you spend enough $ (whatever the State limit is, I think it is around $250) they will waiver the vehicle.
Ok. I will try to see what ford says and can do.. in California they wont waiver the car from what i know. Thanks

I lived in Washington State.
They used California Emissions Standards.
You could get a waiver.
I think legally, they have to. Otherwise it is an undue financial burden on those of low income.
Working with american muscle right now , just sent them my stock tune file to look at and waiting for response, most likely will be tomorrow..will keep u updated on that and will also check into the waiver thing as well. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user