Help on sbc

• Sponsors (?)

You dont plastiguage the bearings on a motor thats used, thats a method of measureing bearing clearances when assembling a new motor, if you are going to go as far as pulling the motor then i'd guess new bearings would be on the to do list.

Other than pulling it apart and checking, I don't know. Does the motor knock?

^agreed^, Only way to tell is to look inside. You may could have enough room to drop the pan and pull caps but doubtful and if you did, it would only be a patch if that is the prob. If he suspects it then chances are it's time for a rebuild before it is too late...

You dont plastiguage the bearings on a motor thats used, thats a method of measureing bearing clearances when assembling a new motor, if you are going to go as far as pulling the motor then i'd guess new bearings would be on the to do list.

Depends on his budget....Yes I know, bearings are not that much, but is he keeping the truck, or trading it in, selling? I guess we need to know what he means...Bearing or seal.

He is going to keep ithe truck, its a 60's model chevy pickup and he is now gonna save up for a crate engine because he has known he has a hair line crack in the block and dosent want to waste any more money on it now. but thanks for all the input guys!! I told him to get a SBF lol:nice: