help please help read this please = from lincoln mark 8 to my 5.0

mustangswap1

May 21, 2005
hey whast up guys i am in need of some major help i am doing a swap that i dont have some of the ideas on how to do it correctly :bang: well here it goes i am going to put the engine the tranny and the reat end from my lincoln to my mustang. The engine is the same as my mustang its a 5.0 the tranny is the same its an automatic aod it should all bolt in the same right if not talk to me and tell me what needs to be changed :hail2: :nice: ok now to the part i have no idea on it the rear end i am putting the rear end from the lincoln to my mustang why u ask its because the lincol is a 8.8 as well as my mustang but also because the lincoln has 5 lug instead of the 4 lug of my mustang and also it has the rear end disc brakes instead of drums and this is where i need the help what custom work do i need on this should it bolt right in too or what also i need to kwno what to do about the emergency brake that has to be different and the abs system has to be different to right i dont have to put it in because my mustang does not have any also what about the master cylinder and the booster do i have to changed that as well i need that help like today and lots of it too so please respond thanks guys u can email me at [email protected] :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

Mean86GT said:
that motor is ****, btw.....

Mark 7's have a 5.0 HO...same as the Mustang.

The rear end will not swap in. If you want the 5-lug disks, you need to swap the axles and brake components from the Mark 7 rear to the Mustang 8.8. Keep in mind this will give you a 1.25" wider track EACH side. It will make rim choices tough.

Up front, the Mark 7 73mm calipers and rotors will direct swap over. For the Master CYlinder, you can't use the Mark 7's. None of the ABS stuff will really work. It's too complex. You'll need an SVO master cylinder, aftermarket prop valve and a SN95 booster.

The AOD is about 1" longer than a Mustang AOD. It will work, but you'll have to move the crossmemeber back and shorten your driveshaft.

That was true of the early years, but beginning in 1988, all Mark 7's got the HO Mustang version. Good motor to use since Mark's were owned by older people who didn't beat on the car as much.

Mustang5L5 said:
That was true of the early years, but beginning in 1988, all Mark 7's got the HO Mustang version. Good motor to use since Mark's were owned by older people who didn't beat on the car as much.
the same might be true of the Mark 8's (mod motors), but i heard that the interiors of some of those cars took a real beating. :D