Help Thoughts?

tomcamaro97

Jun 17, 2015
Hi all,

so i just did my heater core in my 89gt.. wasnt as bad as i was expecting, but its done, so im happy. In doing this i pulled the dash and unplugged tons of stuff... i think i plugged it all back in but i have a bunch of stuff under the driver side that doesnt apprear to hook up to anything... are these all inspection ports or did i miss some stuff.. everything appears to be working fine to me... should these be plugged into anything?

i do have a couple clipped wires from when someone had a remote start in it at one point, and when people re ran speaker wires. but i think the wiring is fairly back to stock now.

unplugged stuff:
1. at the dside kick panel there is a 4 plug male with nothing to plug into.
2. attached to the gas pedal bracket there are two small plugs, believe they are two port each...
3. there are two one port plugs female, believe they are black and yellow thick gauge coming off the main wiring harness to the left of the coulmn.
4. there are two other large plugs coming off the main harness, one is 6 wire, one is 8 or 9.. one grey, think the other is black....
5. there are two ports, one clear one black similar shaped... believe these are both for manual cars/ clutch related..

does it make sense these all being unplugged? all diagnostic?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What year car?
Does it have cruse control?
Is It a 5 speed or Auto Trans?

No info about your car's model year, EFI or carb, no mods listed. Makes it hard to troubleshoot when we don't know what you have.

Therefore, no clue as to which wiring diagram you need. The wiring changed several times between 79 & 95.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good Stangnetter and update you sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Pic
20160218_184042.jpg

Missing from that photo is the 2 female single wire black wire plugs, at bottom of column.. The connector for one is hanging just on the top of the pic.

The black amd clear plugs on the top right are stick shift plugs I think...

There s then the one hanging down and the three clustered to the left and the one in. The foreground.

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

The connector shapes on the diagrams match the connector shapes of the actual connector. The diagram is divided up by the layout of the car. The first diagram is for the very front of the car, and it works its way to the rear of the car.

89 Mustang wiring diagrams zip package–

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions

Last edited:
ok so the unplugged connectors are the following:

2 convt plugs, clutch switch, - na to my car

anyone know if/what should be plugged into the following?

speed controll amplifier ??????
horn relay, anyone know the part number?
day/night illumination relay?????
A/C Blower motor resistor????? ac is removed on my car, and the blower works properly currently.