HELP trying to get Corbeau seats in a 95 convertible

bizzaroracing

May 1, 2007
I bought a pair of corbeau TRS with the tracks about 1.5 years ago and finally got around to begin the install yesterday...
the corbeau tracks seems to just fit..width wise, although i'm going to have to trim the drivers a bit, doesn't rest fully on the floor, its touching the tranny tunnel.

regardless, i have two major issues, once i installed the seat, it seems to sit really high, my head is practically touching the roof, secondly the seat back is almost at 45 degree angle at this point, and finally, i can't bring the seat all the way back, cause it hits the seatblet reel (convertible only)

not for the money that these seats cost, you'd think that you could just bolt them in and go...
i'm guessing i'm going to have bring the grinder and welder out to get these things to sit at a normal height, but what about the seatbelt mechanism...i can't drive the car like this....

i'm wonder what others have done in the past, i don't think i'm the first guy to install corbeaus into a 95,

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you still using the original power seat brackets and the adaptors?

if you are yeah you're going to sit up much higher. I opted to get the manual sliders because of two things: 1) they are much lighter than the power seat brackets 2) they sit lower than the power seat brackets so you get more headroom (not that I need it - I'm short :p)

If possible I'd recommend getting the manual brackets and going from there. Also you can also try adding spacers to the bolts in order for the bracket to sit higher in the back as well.