help VORTECH sc install questions ??

ppartain

Jan 7, 2009
got a vortech im about to install and need some help. i dont have an ac, power, or smog pump and need some ideas and maybe pics on how to route the belt? currently my idler is being used as a pulley instead of a tensioner and i tighten my belt up by adjusteing the altenator. im not sure yet if there is adjustment in the alternator after its mounted on the new vortech bracket? also will i have to have a smog pump delete kit? somebody said you had to mount through the smog bracket to mount the vortech bracket? im sure somebody else has deleted the other pumps and installed a vortech.
thanks

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Not 100 percent on this but If you dont have a smog pump, your gonna need to invest in a smog pump eliminator bracket. You dont need the bracket if your running n/a but now that you have a blower i think u need it. Thats what i did anyways

You will need a smog pump elimnator pulley, i got mine from upr but summit also has them just make sure there is a hole in the bottom of it just like the smog pump has because thats what the alt. bolts to with the alt. stay bracket. I also needed to get a cobra water pump pulley to make it all work.

Yup, you'll need one. I did everything I could do without fabricating up a new bracket, and the belt is going to hit itself if not routed around a pulley down low where the smog pump should be.

I also ran into this issue. Easiest solution is a smog pump eliminator. In my case, I decided to leave the smog pump on since my state has emissions and some people gave me a hard time at inspection. I have also heard of people simply gutting the smog pump and leaving it on the car rather than buying the eliminator kit.

thanks for the replies. looks like the bolt for the altenator stay goes in 90* to the block into smog bracket where as most delete kits have a bolt hole that screws straight into block or whatever. then if i get a smog delete kit, it looks like im gonna need something on the drivers side like ac or power to get tensioner to workout right? any pics on this type setup. also while we are on the subject anybody running a lightning mass air meter? how did you mount it? wire pigtail to splice in? pics? thanks

:shrug: